Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother Poem

I got this poem from an old roommate/friends blog, Thanks Jackie!

My mother's job is sometimes hard and I have heard her say,
"The hours are long and if I could I'd like to change the pay."
Her profession has variety and I will tell you now,
About the many hats she wears, and why and when and how.

My mommy's a nurse who fixes and patches
All of my hurts, my sores and my scratches.

My mother's a chef who fixes each dinner
Fit for a king- a blue ribbon winner!

My mom's a chauffeur who drives pretty slow
But gets me to places where I need to go.

My mom's a detective, and no one is greater
At getting the truth from me sooner or later.

My mommy's a gardener and works really hard,
Planting and weeding and grooming our yard.

My mother's a maid- at least that's what she said-
'Cause she cleans up the house and makes every bed.

My mother's an angel- a queen in disguise-
Who teaches the gosple with tears in her eyes.
Today take these hats off, and please wear no other.
Let me do your work, to show I LOVE YOU MOTHER!

No comments: